Friday, November 22, 2013

4S + ES = Peace & Strength

          I laughed yesterday as I wrote what some folks would call a mathematical equation, I stood in a college classroom and wrote on the board: "4S + ES = Peace & Strength." When I was at St Francis High School, I struggled with Algebra. My brain couldn't grasp the concept of putting letters and numbers together. Now, here I was doing my own form of Algebra.

Four Seasons + Embracing Struggle = Peace & Strength


Fall, Winter, Spring Summer + Conflict = P&S


Letting go, Pausing, Starting fresh, Celebrating + Go with the flow of life = P&S


Forgive, Meditate, Plan, Praise + Learning from mistakes = P&S


          The seasons of life change and there will be conflict - change does not happen without conflict. A butterfly struggles to be free from its cocoon. A diamond in made in a hot, deep and dark place. A Pearl is made from an irritant in an oyster. A muscle is made stronger by resistance. A broken heart is capable of loving in a more excellent way. Letting go of resentment, learning a lesson, being prepared and smiling are just another synonym for the 4 Seasons. Climbing a mountain and enjoying the view is another way to embrace the struggle.

Thanks for your time. 
Go do something nice for somebody.


No comments:

Post a Comment